Welcome! This forum is dedicated to sharing ideas,
questions and answers about the notary public and notary signing agent industry
but we ask that you observe these rules:
Please be respectful of other members and think
before posting. Your words on the Internet can linger long after your
original message has been removed. No profanity, name calling, or put-downs.
Constructive criticism only.
No self promotion in public forums. Or you can
Private Message (PM) individual members IF and only IF they specifically ask
for the type of product or service you offer.
Live links - Live links are permitted in your
signature, but no more than 2 links per signature. Live links in posts are
permitted as long as the linked sites are related to Your post, i.e., notary
industry, article writing, Internet marketing, etc., and linked sites do not
use any "black hat" search engine techniques.
Stay on topic - If your post is not related to
the primary subject of the thread, start a new thread in the relevant topic.
Brainstorming is common on forums, but if a members comment brings up a new
thought, please start a new thread.
Everything written is instantly copyrighted (yes,
even on the Internet). By posting on this forum/board you give UNAA all
rights to use your post in articles or newsletters or any other means UNAA
sees fit in an effort to provide valuable information to all UNAA members as
well as any and all subscribers of the Notary Voice Newsletter. UNAA also
reserves the right to use any and all content posted on this forum with UNAA
affiliated partners and sister companies.
If you copy any post from this website to submit
as an article or post on any other forum or website you are required to put
a link at the bottom of your article with the name of the author as well as
a link back to the post located on the UNAA Notary Voice forum.
Keep all posts on-topic.
Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account
will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and
so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal
Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the
site. Use the search feature.
Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts
deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same
question to multiple places.
Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before
posting a reply
Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote
them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal.
Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarize the problem briefly
in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in
the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add
false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be
arrested ;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject
might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
Include as much information as you can when seeking help. Nobody will be
able to help you if you don't give sufficient detail.
Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read
by Eric Raymond.
Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not
only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar
problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help
other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented
material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an
inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted
software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
Diverting Members - Do not refer members from
this forum/site to a forum/site you are promoting. While we believe in
sharing resources, if you are here to promote your own forum donot join or
post at the Notary Voice (UNAA) forum.
At all times:
- Must be setup in your Profile (link up the top right, next to WAP) , and
not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May not contain smilies or animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK
HERE - No tinyurls etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not
counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our
members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature
or avatar at any time, for any reason.
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive
criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site
admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will
be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING
eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references
to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom
development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this
nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it
to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the
‘report to modertor’ link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centered on United Notary Association and its members as well as an educational resource for members and non-members alike. They are not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or
deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We
reserve the right to change these rules at any time.